Monday, March 21, 2011

Relax in the Comfort of your Hyperbaric Chamber!

Lots of friends, new and old are leaving us today. Simon and Katya have gone.....



As has john.....

And the group of crazy Italians are due to leave at 2pm....



Even Howard, our photography genius has gone, but dont worry, he's only off to England, he'll be back to teach us all some more about diving and photography in 11 days



We hope you all have a safe journey home and look forward to seeing you all again soon!


A conversation in Huggins last night lead on to Malta’s Hyperbaric chamber. I’ve only ever been in one hyperbaric chamber (no I wasn’t bent I just did a dry dive for fun – like divers do!). That chamber was at the Marine Biological Station at Millport off the west coast of Scotland.


I was told it was one of the best. However I found out last night that the hyperbaric chamber in Malta is like a home away from home. It has two beds at one end, sofa’s and a phone that you can use to contact friends and family for a chat. Sound’s a lot nicer than two black benches. Unfortunately we don't have any pictures of this one but if I find one I'll put it up!

I’m not suggesting you plan your diving holiday around places that have the best hyperbaric chambers – nobody ever wants end up in one! But it’s just interesting to see the variation in chamber designs and it’s nice to know should you ever need one in Malta you will be going to a very comfortable one!

No comments:

Post a Comment